Thursday, August 17, 2006

Exercise over drinking?

I have been extremely busy at work lately, and have barely had time to pee, let alone keep up with this blog, and other various extracurricular activities...I have even thought about catheterizing myself during working hours so I don't have to waste time by going to the bathroom during the day.....

Lately, I have had this God-awful trend of choosing basketball and sports over...GASP!....drinking! Yes...its true...very true! Don't know whats causing this latest folly in my life...maybe relieving the stress of the long hours at work, the increasing pressure works bring as I accumulate more responsibility....the few pounds I have put on for various reasons....whatever combination of reasons, I find myself now playing basketball again deep into the nite, several nites a week, and coming home too tired and sore to do anything else but shower, rehydrate and sleep......of course, there are several benefits to this recent practice:

1. The waistline is whipping back into shape nicely
2. The blood pressure is wonderfully healthy
3. I don't feel like kicking anyone's ass at work
4. My bank book is a little fatter (not spending all those bucks on booze)
5. My liver is beginning to regenerate

Now, of course, never fear! I will continue to imbibe (How can anyone give up the dark goodness of Jagermeister?)...but just not as often.....

No comments: