Thursday, May 18, 2006

Bitching already!

Okay...I hate to start out a new blog by bitching, but I must vent for a few today. Have you ever worked with someone who is the antithesis of a team player? I am sure you have all worked with such a person. There is a particular co-worker that has taken to screwing us to an art form. Here, at the hospital where I work, Wednesday and Thursdays are our busiest days. We have this one guy who always manages to find an excuse to call out at least twice a month, ALWAYS on a Wednesday or a Thursday. Why Wednesday...again..it is overwhelmingly busy....why Thursday? Its always the Thursday before a weekend that he has to cover. Why not Friday? Because taking off a Friday before a covering weekend is automatic grounds for suspension.

I have worked at my current position for a little under 6 months, and he has already called out eight (thats 8) times. Some of his excuses:

1. My car broke down and I need to take it to the shop
2. My child had an asthma attack last night and I just got back home (mind you..he has a stay at home wife)
3. My uncle in Pakistan died (I have been told by my co-workers that his uncles have died three times now!!)
4. My wife is sick and I have to stay home to help take care of the kids (only one is still home and her mother lives with them)
5. I have a bad stomach flu, but will definitely be in tomorrow!!!

Ok...you get the picture. Feel free to use any of these excuses if you need to call in sick and screw your co-workers. I am done bitching now, I have a boatload of work to do!!!

2 comments:

BuBBy said...

Dr. Harmless!
I have printed out those excuses on a wallet card in case I need them quickly.
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

At Beth Israel in NYC, a pre-requisite for employment must be coming up with co,plaints before they're called for..... Yes dear, I have worked with quite a few. One in particular who had more leaky roofs, more broken pipes and more falls than any human being I ever met. Guess what? She was never fired or even slapped-on-the-wrist.. I told ya, Mediocrity Prevails in Medicine Support Staffing..... People like her make me want tochoke Administration for choosing to rot from the head down.....